Buy 5 Get 1 Free Avoca Propolis 5000mg 60 capsules
Brand: Avoca Health
- Excl. Tax442.96 NZD
- Incl. Tax509.40 NZD
Avoca Bee Propolis
- 60 Softgel Capsules x 5000mg
- Dietary Supplement
- Made in New Zealand
Directions: Take 1 – 3 capsules per day or as directed by a health professional
Avoca Propolis is produced by honey bees and is nature’s way to protect their beehives. Rich in bioflavonoids, it is extremely effective in supporting immune system defences.
Avoca Bee Propolis contains high levels of bioflavonoids. Bee propolis is a natural antiseptic created by bees from a mix of pollen, wax flakes and saliva and is known for its ability to fight disease. It is believed to treat conditions such as sore throats, gum and teeth disorders, tonsillitis, colds, acne and gastro-intestinal infections. People have used propolis for centuries to treat ailments and wounds.
- A natural antibiotic with antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Helps form antibodies (e.g. phagocytes) to increase resistance to infection.
- Boosts your immune system the natural way.
- Helps recover damaged mucous tissue
What is Bee Propolis?
Propolis is a resinous mixture that honey bees collect from tree buds, sap flows, or other botanical sources. It is used as a sealant for unwanted open spaces in the hive. Propolis is used for small gaps (approximately 6 millimetres (0.24 in) or less), while larger spaces are usually filled with beeswax. Its’ colour varies depending on its botanical source, the most common being dark brown. Propolis is sticky at and above room temperature (20 °C). At lower temperatures, it becomes hard and very brittle.
Propolis contains amino acids, Flavonoids, Vitamins A, B & E
Propolis is believed to:
- Reinforce the structural stability of the hive
- Make the hive more defensible by sealing alternate entrances
- Prevent diseases and parasites from entering the hive, and to inhibit bacterial growth
- Prevent putrefaction within the hive. Bees usually carry waste out of and away from the hive. However if a small lizard or mouse, for example, finds its way into the hive and dies there, bees may be unable to carry it out through the hive entrance. In that case, they would attempt instead to seal the carcass in propolis, essentially mummifying it and making it odourless and harmless.
Bee propolis exhibits anti-fungal, anti-viral & anti-bacterial properties.
- Antiviral properties have specific effect where cold viruses are concerned
- Antibacterial properties have specific effect against infections to the upper respiratory tract.
- It aids treatment of wounds and ailments.
- It is beneficial for hayfever and allergies.
- Allergic Reactions are possible with people who have allergies to Bees